Countdown to Stampin' Start Goal

Sales needed to meet requirment:
$1,038.58
by October 29th.
20% off all purchases through October 29th!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Nature's Nest Card

Hello!

Yes! It's Friday! I love that feeling!

A couple of months ago, I was asked to design and create cards as gifts for the guests of a wedding. It was held at Mackinac Island and they wanted that to be incorporated. I designed four cards and I will be sharing them with you over the next couple of days.

I had just gotten the Nature's Nest Stamp Set from Stampin' Up! (scroll down for a picture) a few days before I got this card order, and that's the first thing that came to my mind.



Believe it or not the base card is white! I wanted the whole card to have texture, so I brayered the card base with old olive. Because I had the majority of the card covered, I could get even coverage and cover up the "lines" where the ink had overlapped. I stamped three turtles in Chocolate Chip ink, so the lines wouldn't stand out too much. I used my blender pen and Always Artichoke classic ink to water color the turtles.

I am so bummed that Stampin' Up! retired Warm Words! I had gotten that set as a Christmas present from my mom, and I just LOVE the font and sentiments.

Scroll down for the list of supplies.

P.S. Check out my "Page of the Week" promo by clicking the link at the top of the page! Purchase any Brights collection product (cardstock, ink, refills, ribbon, brads, etc) at a 15% discount! Just e-mail me your order by clicking the button above my profile!

Supplies:


  • Whisper White Cardstock #100703 (Neutrals Pack #119707)

  • Soft Seude Cardstock #115318 (Neutrals Pack #119707)


  • Chocolate Chip Cardstock #102128 (Neutrals Pack #119707)


  • More Mustard Cardstock #100946


  • Summer Sun Cardstock (retired)

  • Nature's Nest Stamp Set #113826


  • Warm Words stamp set (retired)


  • Blender Pens #102845

  • Chocolate Chip Ink #100908


  • Always Artichoke Ink #105219


  • Word Window Punch #119857


  • Paper Trimmer #104152


  • SNAIL Adhesive #104332 (refill #104331)





If you liked this post, share it with your friends by click the 'Share' button at the top of the screen! Thanks for visiting!

Trey Sims
Stampin' Up! Demonstrator


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog! And such a pretty card - love the color combo! This is a darling set - on my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete