Countdown to Stampin' Start Goal

Sales needed to meet requirment:
$1,038.58
by October 29th.
20% off all purchases through October 29th!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

MDS Stitched Ribbon Tutorial

Hello!



Today I was playing with Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio, a digital design software. I actually used MDS to design my blog background, header, and buttons (e-mail me, specials, join my team, etc.) Anyways, I found a VERY simple tip to "stich" ribbon. Since I do not have a recording software for my computer, I have taken multiple screen shots. Click on photos for easier viewing.



Step 1:

Open/Design a project. I am using the Summer Home designer 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" landscape card.





Step 2:

Click on "Add Embellishment". I pop-up window should come up. I am using an additional download, "Satin Ribbon", but you can use whatever ribbon you want. Select your ribbon out of the embellishment list, and select the straight piece of ribbon. I am using Chocolate Chip to coordinate the designed card.





This is how your card should look now






Step 3:

Again, click on "Add Embellishment". Select "Staple and Stitching" and the left hand side of the pop-up window. Then select "Whisper White - Stitching Straight". Add this element to your project, and position it on your ribbon, with just a little gap between the stitching and the edge of the ribbon.





Step 4:

Repeat step 3, this time applying the white stitching to the opposite edge of the ribbon.



You now have stitched ribbon on your card! Happy digi-stamping!





Supplies:


If you liked this post, share it with your friends by click the 'Share' button at the top of the screen! Thanks for visiting!


Trey Sims

Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

http://www.allnaturalstamping.blogspot.com/

trey.sims@comcast.net

6 comments:

  1. Love the blog background and all the elements. You did a fantastic job! (Will you do mine?!! LOL!)

    I am following you now through the thread on STampin' connection and invite you to follow me as well at http://rocpaperstamps.blogspot.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip! Going to have to try that! Im following you from the thread on Stampin Connection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like my blog design!
    Trey Sims
    Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
    trey.sims@comcast.net
    www.allnaturalstamping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI, I'm a new follower. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your layout. I must get the MDS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial-Thanks Trey! I am following you now.
    www.stampinsentiments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete